Kasznar Leonardos has an experienced technical and legal team used to dealing with multidisciplinary cases involving the specific needs of companies in the Life Sciences sector in the Brazilian market.
Our team’s familiarity with the industry allows us to rapidly assimilate the objectives and challenges faced by our clients to develop preventive or reactive, customised and efficient solutions.
The team brings together respected practitioners in the areas of intellectual property, health [and hygiene] regulation, administrative law, contracts, public tenders and policies, antitrust, compliance and litigation, allowing a comprehensive approach in advisory and transactional cases, as well as in disputes.
Aware of the particularities of the industry, we assist national and multinational companies in the area of medicines, biological products, active pharmaceutical ingredients, medical devices, cosmetics, food and agrochemicals.
- Services related to the area
- Formation of companies, regularisation and renewal of activities before the authorities in the Brazilian Market.
- Drafting of and assistance in contractual matters in attending to the specificities of the sector.
- Planning, drafting and implementation of technology transfer agreements and agreements with universities, subject to the Innovation Law.
- Analysis for compliance with and participation in public policies and government procurement related to the health sector, involving margin of preference and Partnerships for Productive Development – PDPs.
- Consultancy and administrative and judicial litigation involving authorities that regulate the sector.
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of the cycle for the introduction of products onto the Brazilian market, obligations following entry, recall, matters linked to consumer protection and civil liability.
- Access to the Brazilian health public and private systems.
- Clinical research and access programmes regulated by ethics and regulatory authorities.
- Intellectual Property (Administration of portfolio, contracts, protection and enforcement of trademarks, cultivars and trade secrets).
- Unfair competition.
- Preparation and implementation of Compliance Programmes, guidance and training in policies and procedures.
- Evaluation and guidance with respect to conduct from an antitrust perspective.
- Consultancy and administrative and judicial litigation involving related industrial property rights.
- Consultancy and litigation related to advertising of products and services, also before CONAR (National Council for Self-Regulation in Advertising)